GoBoard USA

Discussion in 'Hoverboard Reviews' started by John7931, Mar 23, 2016.

1. John7931

John7931 New Member

I STRONGLY recommend staying away from all GoBoard USA products. There is no warranty to speak of. If anything happens more than 24 hours after delivery, the customer is on his own. I purchased a GoBoard XL, and it worked for less than 2 weeks of moderate use. Now it won't move and all I can get from GoBoard USA are rude emails. They say they only consider covering issues that they are contacted about within 24 hours of delivery. I now have to decide whether to guess which parts are required and spend more money trying to fix this thing or to just cut my losses at over $500. Buyer beware.
    Jeff Gerst likes this.
  2. Dad on a Mission

Dad on a Mission New Member

I have had a similar experience. Purchased 3 GoBoards for my daughters for Christmas. Two of them are working fine but one has not worked since day one. I exchanged several emails with them because they refuse to speak to me. Also exchanged videos on re-programing. Finally they had me return it for repair or exchange. After a short time they asked for my address so they could replace it. I never did receive the new one. After several more emails they told me I was receiving a full refund. Its been over four months and I have not received anything. The board was $749 and the case $29.99. Thus far my attorneys have traced it back to a Michael Dobie. We have two addresses for him, both in Corvallis, Oregon. Have also located him at Oregon State University in the Botany and Plant Pathology Department. I've already spent way more than the board cost, but that doesn't matter. I don't like to be treated the way I have, and my daughter still doesn't have her Christmas gift. Right now I am planning a trip with one of my attorneys to Corvallis, Oregon. The only reason for the trip is to find out "who is GoBoard" and "What do they do". We will take necessary action, depending on our findings. This has become personal, and I have no intention to let up.
  3. Greg Grishayev

Greg Grishayev New Member

Wow that's terrible and I'm incredibly sorry that you were fooled by some fly by night board brand that took your money and ran! I would recommend you call your credit card company and charge back on the transaction if you used a credit card. I definitely hope that you did because it would be an easy win for your corner to return the funds. I'm pretty lucky, I bought three hoverboards for my kids from a company called Glidecraft and we had an experience where we had one of our kids break the unit and the company repaired and fixed my issues with that particular one. I do hear the hoverboards break easily unfortunately so we try to use them rarely on the weekends inside the house sometimes and always watch them when they charge.
  4. JDBash

JDBash Administrator Staff Member

Really sucks to hear. Thanks for sharing your experiences!
  5. Jeff Gerst

Jeff Gerst New Member